Monday, June 4, 2012

The Year of the Short Story Continues: Two New Covers

  
In January, 2011, my New Year's resolution was to submit something somewhere every month. I hoped that if I could get a few short story credits, I could parlay that into an agent and hopefully a book deal. Fast-forward 18 months, and here I am celebrating not one, but TWO releases in the month of June. 

First out is my short story "The Loft", which appears in the anthology Scared - Ten Tales of Horror. It's available NOW from Amazon and Smashwords. I learned a lot while working on "The Loft". My most important lesson was that, since I don't like reading horror - I think I made it through The Shining only because it was for college credit - I didn't know what I was doing when I tried to write in the genre. I didn't know the tropes, the touchstones, and while "The Loft" is a fun story, it might fall more into the suspense category than true horror. That's alright. I love working with the editor, Rayne Hall, and have learned a ton from each of the projects I've done with her.

Later this month, Still Moments Publishing will release Something Borrowed, Something Blue, an anthology of wedding-themed stories. My piece is called "The Ring Toss", and it's a sequel to "The Santa Drag", which appeared last December in Christmas Treats: Santa's Nice List. LOVE the story, LOVE the characters. It's a shamelessly chick-lit romance, and I hope you keep an eye out for it's release date. In the meantime, here's a sneak peek at the cover art:


Ain't it purty? I think every good Rancourtesan should have a pair of fancy blue pumps. Don't you?
;)
Peace,
Liv

12 comments:

  1. Super. So excited for you. I'm glad you're working diligently toward the goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Liz! Love to hear the success stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you, Liv. Can't wait to read "The Loft" and the rest of the stories. Although I love horror and read The Shining over and over for fun, LOL.

    Best of luck with both anthologies.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you, Liv! Congrats on both anthologies and for keeping up with your goal. Very impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue pumps do sound nice, but I think I could do without them myself ;)

    And great job on the anthologies. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jillian! Of all people, you know about working diligently...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Julie. Appreciate the positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, Deb, you'll have to email me a detailed review so it sounds like I read the rest of the stories...
    ;)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Tami! It's still a work in progress, and I have high hopes for what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually, Mike, it was you I was thinking of when I wrote that.
    Not!
    Thanks for checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uber cool -- congratulations. Hard work pays off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool blue high heels, but I can only see you in red ones.

    Congratulations on making and keeping your writing goals. Way to go! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete