Monday, June 4, 2012

Team Sophia: CANCER FREE!

Good morning WORLD! Isn't it a great day? Yeah, it's Monday, and yeah I keep shouting at you, but you know, it's worth it. Check out the email I got from my friend Stacey over the weekend:

So we are all x-rayed and proclaimed cancer free! Blood work has returned to normal, and hair is coming in at a nice rate! We will have to watch her remaining kidney carefully, and will visit the heme-onc clinic every three months to make sure all is well. Here are a few things I have learned:
1. Like the bumper sticker says, cancer really does suck.
2. Kids are stronger than adults ever could be.
3. Seattle Children's LOVES their kids!

Sophia and I will never be able to cut a check worthy of Seattle Children's care and cure. Out of gratitude for what they have done for us, and all they continue to do for many kids, please consider making a donation through this great blog to Team Sophia, and on June 19th, Sophia, Liv & I will proudly walk into that hospital and deliver that donation. GO TEAM! 

 **********

Stacey's a pretty awesome Mom, and you guys, since March of this year, we've raised over $2000 to help send her and her daughter Sophia to visit Grandma & Grandpa in Hawaii. And when I say "we", I mean

YOU

the readers of this blog. YOU came together and made a community of caring, and I cannot thank you enough for that. You guys ROCK!

In my last Team Sophia post, I promised that half of every dollar donated would to to Seattle Children's Hospital, where Sophia received care. In the days that followed, YOU raised $300, so right now we have $150 to take to SCH. And right now, Stacey and Sophia have their tickets to Hawaii (along with several nurses who will help care for Sophe while she's there), so any money you donate between today and 6/19/12 will go to the Children's Hospital Foundation. Let's see if we can double that $150 check, okay? If everyone who reads this kicks in the cost of a latte, we'll blow them away.

Sophia has had so many challenges in her life - most recently this
tango with the big CA (that would be cancer) - but through it all
she's been a tough and resilient little warrior. She's a SUPER GIRL! And you, my dear Rancourtesans, are simply awesome!

(Keep an eye on this blog for some HAWAII PHOTOS! And if you're new here, the "DONATE" button up in the top right corner goes to a PayPal account that's been set up to benefit Sophia and her Mom. 100% goes to them, and you can use your PayPal account or credit card. Thank you!)

9 comments:

  1. Awesome! Kids really are more resilient than grown ups. Great cause and great post, Liv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, what glorious words - CANCER FREE! Thank you for the wonderful update and letting us share in Sophia's victory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Zrinka, for the positive energy.
    And thank you, Elaine, for celebrating with us.
    You both ROCK!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so AWESOME! Yay! So glad to hear she's cancer free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the positive energy, Jillian, and for the RT!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears in my eyes. I feel like I know Sophia and her mother through your words. I am so happy for them and hope all continues to move in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you could meet them in person, Sara. They're quite a team. Thanks for checking in.
    And thank you, too, Tami! I missed your comment earlier. Appreciate the positive vibes.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my! just catching up on news and this has got to be the VERY BEST!

    ReplyDelete