Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Fun: What's Up, Doc?

And so, my dear Rancourtesans, an era ends. Tonight my lovely daughter graduates from 8th grade, and so I'm flitting between sweetness and sadness, laughter and mushy-Mom-moments. As you do.
I honestly could not be more proud of her. Last night was the 8th grade dinner, and  one of the absolute high points was having another Mom (who I don't know all that well because she has a son, and I know the Moms with daughters a whole lot better) come up to me and say,
"I just gotta tell you, your daughter kicks ass."
She does.
She's creative and funny and confident (when not swirling around in a vortex of adolescent angst). All the girls at the dinner last night looked so grown up and lovely in their high heels and short stretchy sparkly dresses. But my daughter knocked it out of the park in vintage black lace, black tights, and low heeled boots. We hennaed her hair so it was dark red, which was a little more subdued than she wanted. Oh well. It is a Catholic school.
Anyway, in honor of the celebration, I'm posting this clip from her all-time favorite movie, What's Up Doc, with Barbra Streisand and Ryan O'Neil. (Our dog's name is Burnsie, after the Barbra Streisand character.) The resolution isn't great, but this is a funny, funny scene.
Congrats, Ruby, to you and to all your classmates!
Peace,
Liv

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to Ruby and to you, Liv, for raising such a kick ass daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that was one cheap suit. Hahaha, loved the clip. Now I'll have to see the rest of the movie. Congrats to your daughter, now the high school. Hope she'll have a great time and learn lots. Only a kick ass mom raises a kick ass child. I think I'll be bawling when my son graduates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, gee, thanks you guys. Tami, I know you know just how touch & go it can be sometime. And yes, Zrinka, you should totally check out What's Up Doc!
    Thanks again...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at "vintage black lace, black tights, and low heeled boots!" The Henna is just a bonus that assures me that Ruby is uber cool and ABSOLUTELY kick ass! Congratulations on this super momentous milestone :-D

    Love the clip, except now I really really want to watch the whole movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Liv...sounds like you're doing an awesome job as a mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Barbara, you must watch it. Thanks for the positive energy, and you too, Mike!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congrats to Rudy and her awesome supporting cast (aka you, Liv)! What a wickedly cool milestone. We just did the prep milestone (6th grade grad) with oldest half of Prankster Duo. I may be dealing with the male gender but I can relate--it's always awesome when peeps compliment the kick assedness of your kids! May Ruby have a fantastic summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! Our 8th grade graduation is Tuesday. I love a kid that age with a mind of her own. They are a rare breed . . . and without a doubt kick-ass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sara! Last night was a blast, and I'm SO glad it's over.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete