Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Morning Quarterback - Mash-up Edition

Happy Monday! I'm trying something new this week - new for me, anyway. I've compiled a list of blog posts that I thought were particularly worthy. They made me smile, or scratched an itch, or gave me new ways to waste time on the internet; you know, the things you read blogs for. I hope you'll check these sites out, because they're a lot of fun - and kudos to the WANA112 crew for giving me so much to choose from. 

The handsomely illustrated man to the left was inspired by a link found by Jodi Lea Stewart. Because everyone needs a Regency Hero Dress-up Doll

Then there was the post by Ellen Gregory, giving me yet another reason to go to Australia - Vanilla Slice!

I'm turning 50 in just about a month, and have been kicking ideas around for how to celebrate. (If you've got any good ones, post them in the comments. The best ones will involve beer. I'm just sayin' ;)  This post, by Elaine Smothers, is inspiring, although I'm pretty sure I'm not as gutsy as she is. Check out A Leap Of Faith.

And finally, because all the best stories have vampires in them, I spent some time getting my pop-cultural fix with Emmie & Buffy & Angel and then even more with Freud & Kristen & Sookie (and Eric and Bill, of course).

Take a minute to hang out with my friends. It'll be worth your time. And if you've got another minute, check out the Team Sophia page. We've raised over $800 so far to send Sophia and her mother to visit Grandma in Hawaii!
Peace,
Liv

11 comments:

  1. Very nice selection of links in your mash-up, and I like how your blog looks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike! I've gone through about four templates in the last half hour - hopefully it'll still look good when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it will. Please let us know in the Facebook page when you're done so we all know to drop by and see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Liv, the new blog look is GREAT! I enjoyed your mash-up and really appreciate the mention. Thank you so much! VERY neat that Team Sophia is doing so well and can't wait to see pics of her vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Elaine! I'm still contemplating how to get through the big 5 - 0...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liv, is there something you've always wanted to do and just haven't for whatever reason? If so, you could treat yourself to that for your big 5-0 celebration. For sure, it needs to be magical and memorable. Wishing you a glorious 5-0 you'll always remember!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, nice blog template. I need an update (me pouting).
    So, are you an Aries? Nice sign.
    Thanks for sharing the mash-up signposts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Cora! I found a bunch of free templates for blogger blogs (can't remember if yours is blogger or wordpress). I'm glad you liked it. Re: my sign - on the cusp of Taurus & Aries. Some days it's Aries, and some days the switch from one to the other gives me whiplash.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Elaine! I'm actually thinking I might kidnap the husband and take him to the Inn at Langley for a night. It's on the ocean and truly a magical place.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool mashup - and thanks for the mention. Hope you manage to track down a vanilla slice soon!

    Hope you find an awesome way to celebrate your big 'O' birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did an author interview the other day, and since she was based in Sydney, I asked her if she liked Vanilla Slice & where her fave place to get it was. She loves it too! Thanks, Ellen, for the hot tip.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete