Monday, October 24, 2011

NaNo!

So many of the writers I know have spent the last couple weeks gearing up for a ginormous annual event, one that will take over their lives for four weeks solid.  NaNo.  And I'll be...cheering from the sidelines.  Actually, this year I'll be cheering with a little more enthusiasm than before, because I know more people who are taking it on.  To all of you I say, "Rock on."  And I mean that.  Sincerely.


Maybe someday I'll be ready to try it.  Like, in six years when I no longer have to run kids to soccer practice and football practice and piano lessons and choir.  The fall sports season is brutal in our house, and even though it's winding down by November, I need time to recover and gear up for the next giant energy vacuum that descends on all of us.  That would be Christmas.


This year I'm 2/3 of the way through a project I started in July, am working through third round edits for a book who's title is still in question - release date 1/14/12  - and have a short story I want to rework for the Still Moments Valentines Day anthology.  Then there's a big editing project and a sequel and another short story...or two.  I'm booked.


If you want to call me The NaNo Apologist, I can live with that.  It's kind of a cute nickname.  I wish you all the very best with your projects, and I'm looking forward to reading what you come up with.  And if you need to connect with someone who doesn't have glazed eyes and a high blood pressure, look me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment