Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Puppy Crack

We have a new puppy.  He's not quite 4 months old, and he's the sweetest, funniest, most loving little thing that God ever created.  He's 3/4 lahsa apso and 1/4 terrier, so sort of a big dust mop with feet. 

We got him from my sister-in-law's neighbor, and when we got him my SIL told us to feed him Purina Puppy Chow.  Now, my SIL has never recovered from learning what we spend on the all-natural, organic canned cat food we feed our cats.  I know it's expensive, but it's cheaper than paying for the surgery our cat had to have to remove the bladder stones that dry cat food gave him.  We bought our puppy supplies at Pet Smart, and they carry Purina Premium.  I do what I'm told, so I bought some.

The puppy loved the Purina Premium puppy chow, however when it was time to shop again, I was at the grocery store where they carried regular Purina Puppy Chow.  He didn't like it quite as much, but he ate it.  Can you say Puppy Crack?  After 48 hours of the new food, he was a different boy.  Still happy and loving, but flying around almost frantic with energy.  He kept my daughter up all night, whining and carrying on, which he hadn't done since we first got him.  And he forgot the "dogs poop outside" concept. 

The way I figure it, Puppy Crack = more filler = more grain = more sugar = frantic puppy = dog shit all over my house.  Didn't take me long to do that math, so today I went to the place where I buy my cat's food and got some all-natural, organic, meat-based puppy food from Canada.  He's been much calmer since lunch.  I'm hopeful that he soon remembers that the outdoors is his toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment