Monday, January 16, 2012

Sophie's Snow Day


“A snowstorm can be a life changing event. Just ask Sophie.”

I'm very happy to welcome another one of the authors from the "Snowbound Hearts" anthology, Ms. Jillian Chantal. Jillian's story, Sophie's Snow Day, takes the anthology's theme in an unexpected direction, and will warm you up better than a fire in the fireplace.  I won't say any more, because I don't want to give anything away. The picture to the right of this post hides a link to the SMP site, so you can check it out for yourself. 
Thanks so much, Jillian! Maybe next time I can come visit you for reals on a beach in sunny Florida.
Peace,
Liv


Thanks for having me here as a guest, Liv. I’m always happy to visit my friends and chat a bit. I’m Jillian and I have a story in the Snowbound Hearts anthology published by Still Moments Publishing. My story is called Sophie’s Snow Day. Since the anthology consists of stories of people caught in a snow storm or snowed in, I thought maybe most of the submissions would relate to the remote cabin in the woods type of snow-in, so even though I love the idea of that(and the cover photo makes me want to snuggle under blankets in a cabin), I decided to make the setting of my story a city. Snow plows sometimes take their time clearing the roads and I thought that would be a different spin on the snowed-in theme.

I love a crackling fire and a cold day. I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida now and we very rarely get snow but I’ve lived and traveled to other places where it snows and always enjoyed it. As to driving in snow, not so much love there and I’m grateful that I don’t have to do that. When it snows in my town, the whole place shuts down. We don’t have the equipment to deal with it since it’s such a rarity. So, I guess I can say I have been snowed in. Of course, 2 inches to you folks in the north is just a bit of precipitation just like to us down here in hurricane world, a tropical storm is merely a slight breeze. It’s funny how perspectives are different across the globe. I love that.

I’m thrilled to be in the great company of the other writers in this anthology. I think all the stories will be wonderful. If you read Sophie’s Snow Day, I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Sophie is a sassy girl and Tobias is, well, Tobias is just Tobias. I think you’ll like him.

Thanks again for having me here, Liv. I love to hear from readers. You can find me on the web at www.jillianchantal.com or Twitter at twitter.com/JillianChantal.

Bio: Jillian Chantal lives on the Gulf Coast of Florida, home of the sugar white sands and a little piece of paradise. She has a husband and two sons. In no particular order, she loves cats, travel, chocolate, theatre and boots. If she's not lounging by the pool or writing, she can usually be found shoe shopping.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me come by today. I love the cat on the arm of the chair picture! I sure hope you can visit me here in Fla sometime, Liv. I'd take you to some awesome seafood places and maybe get you on a surfboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. Six years in Honolulu in my twenties and I managed to avoid surfing. Probably not going to start at 40-something...but I'm up for the seafood.
    Thanks again for stopping by.
    Peace,
    Liv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie sounds intriguing. Snowbound Hearts is on my must read SOON list. Fun interview. I'm with you I don't want to drive in the snow it's pretty but not conducive to driving in the South.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cat pic. Congrats on your new release. Lived in upstate New York for two years. Had enough snow for a lifetime. Best wishes. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liv, I'm sorta with you on that. I'm not super coordinated. Lol
    Darlene thanks. I hope you like Sophie when you meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming by Rita. I bet NY snow was too much. Have friend in Syracuse and visited her once in Mid March and it poured snow all weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the cat compliments! That's Woody, and he isn't as grumpy as he looks in the picture. He is, however, as lazy...
    ;)
    Liv

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, I wouldn't call that lazy. It takes an incredible amount of work to hold on to the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jillian, your story sounds like one I'll have to read! I lived in snow in Germany when I first married and never learned to drive in it. I kept the taxi companies in business. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fran- glad you stopped by. I'd be in that cab with you. Us gulf coast girls are pretty good about knowing our limits, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete