Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snowbanked


Returning home can hold the best surprises, especially when love’s involved.

Hey gang, I’ve got another guest to welcome! Jennifer Daiker is the author of Snowbanked, a sweet and spicy little story found in the “Snowbound Hearts” anthology from Still Moments Publishing. Parker’s a small-town girl who left behind the man of her dreams to move to California, and ends up torn between her love for sunny beaches and something much hotter that she finds on a trip back home. Check out this interview with Jennifer and after that, take a look over to your right to the link to “Snowbound Hearts”. 
Thanks Jennifer, for the visit, and for sharing this part of yourself. Peace,
Liv

1. Snowbanked is such a cool title. How did you come up with it?
My husband did. Yup, I'm willing to admit that. He'd also want me to tell you that he came up with my blog titled, Unedited. Apparently I'm not great with titles. It started off as Snow and an Ex, but I find this is much more fitting!

2. Which two or three authors would you like to emulate?
I want to stay me. Original, flirty, and fun. But if we're going on who I'd like to one day be next too in a bookstore it'd be Talli Roland & Sophie Kinsella.

3. The small town/big city dynamic seems integral to the story. Do you have a preference for one or the other? 
I've come from a small town and hated it growing up. Moved to a big city and realized it wasn't all it's cracked up to be. I think home for the holidays resonates because I get the warmth and welcome feeling I want to achieve, but the city offers plays, outdoor activities, the world at your fingertips. So a little of both!

4. Tell me about your writing. Do you pretty much focus on romance, or are there other genres you work in? Why?
I write chick lit, dystopian YA, and horrors. I like to mix it up. My moood depends on what path I'll take for the day. Normally it's what character is screaming louder. Each of them have a story tell, and it's my job to make sure it comes across as they'd like.

5. Are you a cat person or a dog person? Why?
Cats. They're independent and have personalities just like humans. I find them to be far more entertaining but I don't have to worry about leaving them for a road trip. They can fend for themselves.

6. What have been the keys to your success as a writer? 
Perserverence, patience, and support. Write when you don't feel like it, ask for advice when you need it, and allow yourself to act like a fool when writer's block hits.

Bio – Jennifer is a 25 year old, Houston based writer, who can be found spending copious amounts of time at her favorite bookshop, Blue Willow, eating far too many cupcakes, and watching episodes of the Real Housewives. To be a part of the quirkiness, visit her blog: http://jenniferdaiker.blogspot.com).


5 comments:

  1. Jen,

    You are a wise woman. I especially liked the advise in your answer to question #6. Can we have that printed on a T-shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for having me!!! I had such a blast!

    Liberty, you can print it on a t-shirt for sure! :D Thank you for the sweet sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah. This was such a fun interview. And Jen? Your husband's awesome with titles. Seriously. Snowbanked sounds so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great getting to know more about you Jen! Fun interview gals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everybody, for stopping by. Jen was so much fun to work with! And I'd totally be up for ordering a tee shirt...
    Thanks again,
    Liv

    ReplyDelete